Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, Cycling UK have advised that ALL member group rides should be cancelled until further notice. In line with that advice, all Cycling UK Reading’s published rides are cancelled with immediate effect. We will update this website when circumstances change
Cycling UK Reading is a thriving, friendly club which is part of the national Cycling UK organisation. We provide a wide range of social cycle rides and encourage people of all levels to enjoy being out on a bike.
- We offer a variety of Road & Off-Road rides each week
- Every Sunday: morning and all day options
- Wednesday daytime plus evening pub rides
- All cycling levels catered for – choose a ride to suit your choice of speed and distance
- Great local scenery you never knew was there!
- Friendly & social atmosphere
We run an active program of rides with options of distance and speed catering for both road and off-road cyclists. Our rides take in the best countryside of Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and Hampshire and are designed to avoid main roads wherever possible. We mainly ride during the day on a Sunday and Wednesday (daytime and evening rides) and also hold regular social events and cycling trips / weekends away throughout the year.
Cycling UK Reading welcomes non-members on our rides and visitors can come along for free for a trial period.
With a wealth of local knowledge, a strong appreciation of the countryside and a focus on the social side of cycling, you’ll be surprised at what we have to offer.
Regardless of your age or ability, we would like to invite you to join our friendly group of cyclists. Off- road or on-road, seasoned cyclist, beginner or commuter, Cycling UK Reading has something for you. If you simply want to get you or your family back in shape, meet new people or tour the UK countryside, your local Cycling UK group can help.
Our full ride program is here
Becoming a member of Cycling UK has lots of benefits including cycle insurance, discounts at affiliated shops and bi-monthly magazine.
- £10m Third party insurance cover – Protects you on and off-road, including Sportives and Time trialing
- Cycling UK Incident line – Legal team ready to support you in the event of an accident
- Campaigning for cycling – Cycling UK fights for local and national cycling issues
- Cycling publications – Award-winning ‘Cycle’ magazine and weekly e-newsletter
- Rides and events – A warm welcome at over 300 Cycling UK clubs and 1000s of cycle events
- Route and technical advice line- Jargon free everyday cycling advice
- Discounts offered by 100s of cycle and outdoor shops locally and across the country
So if you are someone who would like to spend more time on two wheels, or simply support cycling in the UK, join Cycling UK and get the most out of your cycling. Go to Cycling UK for more details of membership.
Look forward to seeing you soon
Secretary, Cycling UK Reading
Phone/Text: 07867 442046
Cycling UK Reading is the new name for Reading CTC