We are now working on the Spring rides list for March – May. We are aiming to finalise the list by February 14th, so please consider leading a ride.
This is your opportunity to ride to a destination of your choosing, at a pace and distance you are comfortable with, in the company of fellow members. If you have not led a ride before and need advice contact the Ride co-ordinators or discuss your concerns with fellow members. You don’t need any special training to lead*, just get on your bike and don’t lose anyone! If you can’t lead on a Sunday, how about a ride on Saturday? *you might want to check out the resources on our website, www.readingctc.co.uk/ride-leader-pack
If you’re stuck for ideas or otherwise have a look at previous runs lists (link below). Or try something different, how about organising a ride to one of the following suggestions:
- a British cycle quest location https://www.cyclinguk.org/british-cycle-quest
- Yattendon & Frilsham fete
- do the Twyfest treasure hunt on bikes instead of in a car (check if allowed by organisers first) https://www.twyfest.co.uk/
- a beer festival. check dates for local festivals at http://www.seberkscamra.org.uk/localfestivals.shtml
- a garden. Check opening dates on the national open garden scheme at https://www.ngs.org.uk/
Don’t forget the Club’s Birthday ride will be on Sunday 28th April at The New Inn, Kidmore End and we will soon be asking for award nominations.
If you’re a CTC member and would like to lead a ride, please contact the ride co-ordinators.
* On-road: Simon Bird firstname.lastname@example.org
* Off-road: Ian Doyle
Have a look at the draft programme and see where it would fit in with other rides as they are entered.